7th pay TDS Commission
- NEW DELHI: As many as 2.5 crore salaried tax payers will now receive SMS alerts from the Income Tax department regarding their quarterly TDS deductions.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today launched the SMS alert service for Tax Deducted at Source (TDS).
- For salaried class and the CBDT will soon offer this facility on a monthly basis.
- Briefing reporters about the facility, Jaitley said.
- Salaried class cannot afford to pay tax twice or indulge in litigations and hence they should be kept updated about their TDS deductions.
- “Hence tax payers will benefit if they receive information through use of technology.
- So they can match the office salary slip and the SMS.
- And at the end of the fiscal he will be clear about any possible tax dues,” Jaitley said.
7th pay TDS : Good News, SMS Alerts On TDS Deductions.
- He asked the CBDT to work towards making the grievance redressal system for TDS mismatch online so that there is no interface between the tax payer and the tax department.
- Jaitley said e-Nivaran is working well for tax payers and the CBDT is taking several tax payer friendly initiatiave.
- The CBDT will soon extend this SMS facility to another 4.4 crore non-salaried tax payers.
- “The frequency of SMS alerts will be increased, once the process for filing TDS returns is stremlined to receive such information on a real time basis,” the CBDT said.
- CBDT Chairperson Rani Singh Nair said.
- The tax department is encouraging people to register their mobile number on the e-filing website.
- She said tax payer will initially receive a welcome message from the CBDT informing him about the facility. And after that each assessee would be sent messages informing them about their respective TDS deductions.
- The new step is an effort by the I-T department to directly communicate deposit of tax deducted through SMS alerts to salaried tax payers.
- In case of a mismatch, they can contact their deductor for necessary correction.
- Besides, SMS alerts will also be sent to deductors who have either failed to deposit taxes deducted ot to e-file their TDS returns by the due date.
THANKS FOR READING!
!!SUBSCRIBE US FOR LATEST NEWS!!
TDS:- 7th pay, 7th-pay latest news, allounce, bhopal, commission . Daily paid employees, discontinue, latest news, mp, order, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, TDS , tax , sms , alert ,