Akira movie review: Sonakshi Sinha can’t save this film!
Sonakshi Sinha kicks butt in the A R Murugadoss film but is limited by her role. Despite Anurag Kashyap’s deliciously bad performance, Akira falls into a sinkhole.
Sonakshi Sinha, Anurag Kashyap, Nandu Madhav, Konkona Sen Sharma, Atul Kulkarni, Amit Sadh
Movie director: A R Murugadoss.
- Akira (Sonakshi Sinha), no relation to Kurosawa, makes the journey from a colourful Rajasthan ‘chota shehar’ to ‘mahanagari’ Mumbai.
- She runs slam-bang into a convoluted plot involving a murder and missing cash and a bunch of corrupt cops also .
- The vicious ACP Rane (Anurag Kashyap, head of movie enjoying himself hugely and being extremely effective also .
- Rane’s khaki-clad cohorts who go about looting and pillaging and shooting innocents in cold blood get a lot of play.
There is a sole ‘good’ cop in the movie, Konkona Sen Sharma’s very pregnant, very dedicate officer, While she is only one against many.
- While Right from the beginning, director A R Murugadoss provides warning signals.
- “A female using her fists cannot go scot-free.
- She has to be seen suffering ,otherwise how will the mass audience flock to the film?”
5 Reasons To watch movie:-