Central Government Exclusive Scheme for Women Entrepreneurs .
- The Centre will shortly launch an exclusive scheme for women entrepreneurs, according to BH Anil Kumar, Joint Secretary of the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- “It will be an exclusive scheme for women entrepreneurs. We have not yet finalised the contours. We are trying to launch it before the end of the financial year,” he said during the launch ceremony of myloanassocham.com, a portal, facilitating loan to MSMSE enterprises by the Associated Chambers of Commerce industry of India (ASSOCHAM).
- The objective is to provide MSMEs online access to funds from banks and financial institutions.
MSME sector contributes 8 per cent to the country’s GDP:
- The Joint Secretary said that the MSME sector contributes 8 per cent to the country’s GDP, 38 per cent of the manufacturing output and 40 per cent of the exports as per survey conducted randomly in the year 2007.
- It is not clear how much of that information is based on hardcore data, according to him.
- In this background, the Ministry is in the process of creating an MSME data bank based on which it can project the actual requirements of the sector.
Enterprises Have to register themselves:
- The official asked all enterprises to register themselves.
- In 2015 the Ministry launched Udyog Aadhar Memorandom for MSME, where anybody who is having Aadhar Card can fill a single pager form and register itself within five minutes.
- Anil Kumar Said, Reserve Bank of India, has issued guidelines for creation of committees for revival and rehabilitation of MSMEs which are facing stress.
- Banks are in the process of setting them at State levels.
- The 90 per cent of MSMEs in India are either based on proprietorship or partnership model.
- Others who participated in the event were Jiji Mammen, CEO, MUDRA, S Uma Shanmukhi, GM (SME), SBI, Jyoti Prakash Gadia, MD, Resurgent India Ltd., Srikanth Badiga, Chairman, Assocham, Telengana Development Council and DS Rawat, Secretary General, Assocham.
SMEpost | Help Videos | What is TREAD Scheme for aspiring women entrepreneurs.
TAG:-MSME Scheme for Women Entrepreneurs, what are