- The government has launched a two-day (17-18 Dec) program ‘Digi Dhan Mela’ in the national capital to promote digital payment.
- With this two day mela, the government aims to educate people about the digital payment and Aadhar cards will be made for those who do not have one and also one can open a bank account here if he/she does not have one, but one must carry the necessary documents like; proof of identity with name and photo, proof of address, proof of date of birth (PAN card, Passport or Birth Certificate).
- The mela organised at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi has been turned into a free Wi-Fi zone for the mela to operate with ease.
- It is being organised by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) .
- The initiative plans to enable citizens and merchants to undertake real-time digital transactions through the DigiDhan Bazaar.
- Apart from common people, banks, telecom companies, mobile wallet operators, transportation network companies, Aadhaar enabled payment system (AEPS) vendors, Department of Post, merchants (through marketing associations), co-operatives like Kendriya Bhandar and organised retail fruits and vegetable chains like Safal, milk booths, agricultural produce marketing committees will participate in the two-day event.
- The participants in details will assist with various options for digital payments and also help in downloading apps and help with making one digital transaction
THANKS FOR READING !!
Tags : promote digital payment,india promote digital payment,government promote digital payment,DigiDhanMela,DigiDhan Mela fair