Everest director Baltasar Kormákur
- Actor-director Baltasar Kormákur, best known for films like Everest and 2 Guns, says he would love to make a film on India, adding that the folklore of the country is exciting and interesting.
- “I would love to make a film on India someday. I think it is a very interesting region and country. Its folklore is also very exciting and interesting country wise,” Kormákur told IANS over phone from Iceland.
- “Everest” will have its India premiere on Sony PIX on Sunday.
- “Everest” is based on the 1996 Mount Everest blizzard tragedy, which killed eight climbers.
- The film stars Jason Clarke, Josh Brolin, John Hawkes, Robin Wright, Michael Kelly, Sam Worthington, Keira Knightley, Emily Watson and Jake Gyllenhaal.
- Asked how his perception towards life changed after the film, Kormákur said: “It didn’t change so much where I live (Iceland) and how I run my daily life, but it was a great experience of shooting the film in the Himalayas and going on this journey which is brilliant.
- “It is an adventure which I don’t want to repeat but will keep it close to my heart for the rest of my life.”
- Kormakur most recently helmed the Icelandic film “Eiourinn”, and is now working on his next film “Adrift”, which stars Shailene Woodley.
THANKS FOR READING !!
Tags :Everest director,Baltasar Kormákur,Everest movie