Fire in Delhi Sadar Bazar
- Nearly 300 dwellings were ravaged and almost 700 people rendered homeless as a fire broke out in a slum at the Sadar Bazar area in north Delhi, injuring at least four persons.
- “A call was received around 6.44 pm regarding a fire that broke out in the ‘jhuggis‘ near the tonga stand in Sadar Bazar. We have sent at least 30 fire tenders to the spot.Cooling operations are underway. Four persons have been injured but the number could go up,” said a Delhi Fire Services official.
- The area had a few cracker godowns and the crackers burst due to the fire aggravating the situation, he said, adding that a few LPG cylinders also burst, triggering more damage.
- Police said the cause of the fire could not be ascertained immediately
- And their first priority was to rescue those affected.
- The blaze was reported at 6.45 pm and was brought under control three hours later.
- Police and fire officials suspect a cylinder blast may have caused it.
- NDRF teams are also involved in the rescue operations.
- A owner of shop, said, “Had the fire brigade reached on time, a lot of homes could have been saved.”
THANKS FOR READING !
HELP TO IMPROVE US!
PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS VIA COMMENTS!
Tags : Fire in Delhi,Sadar Bazar, cause of Fire in Delhi Sadar Bazar,Delhi news,Sadar bazar fire