Freedom 251 Mobile Lounched finnaly!
- Noida-based startup Ringing Bells Pvt Ltd has done the impossible.
- After months of bickering and bad press, the less than $4 “Freedom 251” smartphone has finally started reaching people.
- According to the company, after successfully delivering the first 5,000 devices, 65,000 more handsets will provided soon.
Features of Freedom 251 Mobile:-
- Running on the Android 5.1 operating system and sporting a 4-inch qHD IPS display with 540×960 pixels resolution.
- A 3.2-megapixel primary (rear) and a 0.3-megapixel front camera.
- Powered by 1.3GHz quad-core and 1GB RAM.
- phone packs 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB using a microSD card.
- The single SIM (GSM) device has a 1450mAh removable battery .
- Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and FM radio.
- Sensors on the phone include a “Proximity” sensor which can detect the presence or absence of objects using electromagnetic fields.
What does not work?
- Call it strange but when the battery goes low, the text settings change automatically into Hindi and one has to go back to settings to correct it back to English.
- Maybe some tweaking is what is required in upcoming handsets.
- For the rest, at Rs 251, it is indeed a basic-level, functional device that even defies “affordability” and can help the masses shift to smartphones from basic feature phones.
- Meanwhile, think what else can you purchase in Rs 251.