Gymnast Dipa Karmakar returning BMW Car : Dipa Karmakar : Sachin Tendulkar : BMW : Car : Gymnast : Rio Olympics 2016
Reason : Why gymnast Dipa Karmakar is returning her BMW car
- The gymnast Dipa Karmakar’s performance was appreciated by all in the country
- Since she returned to the country along with other Olympics medalists PV Sindhu and Sakshi Malik.
- The former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar presented all three girls with a BMW car in September.
- While, Dipa Karmakar has decided to return car due to the difficulties in maintenance
- Dipa has decided to return the BMW to the president of the Hyderabad Badminton Association, V Chamudeswaranath who had gifted the posh car.
- As per reports, Dipa and her family are having difficulty in maintaining such a posh car in a city like Agartala
- Which has narrow and well-maintained roads.
- Also because Dipa’s next assignment, the Challengers’ Cup will be held in Germany next month
- She has been advised by coach Bisheswar Nandi to rather devote her time in practice.
- It was also suggested to them that if possible, they transfer the amount equivalent to the value of the car to Dipa’s bank account.
- And if not, we will be happy with whatever amount they decide,” the report said.
Bisheswar Nandi told TOI, “It wasn’t Dipa’s decision. Rather it was a collective decision taken by her family and me. There are two main reasons behind it. First, there is no BMW service center in Agartala and secondly, the roads are not suitable to drive a posh car such as this.”
- Dipa’s father told that they are not returning the car, but just replacing it with another owing to the roads in Agartala.
- Dipa will only be able to travel to Germany if six-member Indian camp can participate as a team.
- This is also the main reason behind her uncertainity.
- Dipa is yet to resume the training in full capacity.
THANKS FOR READING !
HELP TO IMPROVE US!
PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS VIA COMMENTS!