Smartphone App: Detect Heart Strokes in free!
According to the journal European Society of Cardiology,
“a team of researchers from University of Turku, Finland, has developed a low-cost app that uses the smartphone’s accelerometer and gyroscope to detect atrial fibrillation with existing hardware.”
- There is no need of additional hardware.
- You need only to install the app to get started with monitoring their condition.
:-Around 70% of strokes due to atrial fibrillation can be avoided with pre-emptive medication.
How to Use It:-
Heart Attack Latest Survey Smartphone App Detecting Strokes
- first of all To check for atrial fibrillation, a person simply needs to place a smartphone on the chest.
- And lying in a supine or prone position.
- Now take gyroscope and accelerometer recordings also.
- ThentThe acquired data is pre-processed using signal processing methods before multiple features like spectral entropy and autocorrelation.
- The App analyz All relevant data to determine.
- If the person is suffering from atrial fibrillation, giving a simple “yes” or “no” to confirm the condition.
With this kind of setup, the researchers were able to detect instances of atrial fibrillation with a specificity and sensitivity of over 95 percent.
Heart Attack Chart of Male +Female By Age and Sex
Why Smartphone Device:-
- There are many devices to detect atrial fibrillation but they are large,
- Very inconvenient to use, and costly.
- Long-term use of electrocardiogram devices lead to skin irritations because of patches or wires that are in constant contact with the body.
What is Heart Attack (Atrial fibrillation):-
- Atrial fibrillation is an abnormal heart rhythm as rapid and irregular beating.
- Often it starts as brief periods of abnormal beating which become too longer and possibly constant over time.
- While most episodes have no symptoms.
- Occasionally there may be heart palpitations, fainting, shortness of breath, or chest pain.
- The disease is associated with an increased risk of heart failure, dementia, and stroke also .
THANKS FOR READING!
HELP TO IMPROVE US!
PLZ DO COMMENT AND GIVE SUGGESTIONS!