INDIAN SOLDIER TRAPPED IN PAKISTAN
Manohar Parrikar : INDIAN SOLDIER TRAPPED IN PAKISTAN : Being late to Bring Back
PUNE:Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar today said it will take “some days” to bring back Army soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan.
He is in Pakistan’s custody after inadvertently crossing the Line of Control, but a “well-established” mechanism has been activated to secure his release.
Mr Parrikar said in Pune today.
- “He had crossed over which happens in border areas. There is a well-established mechanism through DGMO (Director General of Military Operations) which has been activated,”
- “Since the situation is tense right now, it will take some days to bring the soldier back,” the Minister said.
- He also said there is no relation between the surgical strikes carried out in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
- And no soldier crossing the border inadvertently.
The incident was:-
- On September 30, 22-year-old Chandu Babulal Chavan from 37 Rashtriya Rifles crossed over to the other side of the Line of Control and taken into custody by Pakistan.
- The Indian Army informed Pakistan of the incident.
- “Such inadvertent crossing by Army and civilians are not unusual on either side. They are returned through existing mechanisms,” the army had said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday said all attempts were being to free the soldier from Pakistani captivity.
His Family :-
- Still reeling under the shock, another tragedy struck Babulal Chavan’s family.
- His grandmother died of a heart attack to ge here the news of him.
- Minister of State for Defence Dr Subhash Bhamre visited the family today and met Babulal Chavan’s brother Bhushan Chavan who is also a soldier with the Maratha Light Infantry.
- “No one can trust them (Pakistan).
- We are worried they will torture him, and tell him lies that the army doesn’t care about him.
- That could drive him to take his own life,” Bhushan Chavan said.
THANKS FOR READING!