iOS 10.3 Features
- Apple released iOS 10.3 beta 1 to developers.
- The beta version introduces several useful features, the big highlight being the ability for Siri to show live scores from Indian Premiere League (IPL) and International Cricket Council (ICC) cricket matches, apart from answering other queries.
- iOS 10.3 beta also brings along the ‘Find My AirPods‘ feature – a much needed addition given the nature of the tiny accessory.
- Furthermore, Apple has also added an API that allows app developers to ask for a review, and even reply to it – building developer-customer dialogue.
- iOS 10.3 beta 1 brings support for AirPods in the Find My iPhone app.
- This means that you can search for the AirPods from the app, as long as they are within Bluetooth range of any of your iOS devices signed into iCloud.
- Because of the limited range, it isn’t as efficient as Find My iPhone range, but it’s still handy if you lose your AirPods somewhere in your house.
- Within the app, you can look for the pair, or just one earbud, as you prefer.
- The AirPods will start emitting a loud sound revealing its hiding place, or the map onscreen can also take you to the lost earbud easily.
Watch iOS 10.3 Features Video :
- Furthermore, Siri gets the ability to show live cricket scores from matches of the IPL and the ICC.
- The digital assistant will give you real-time ball-by-ball update of the most popular game format in India, a handy feature for all cricket fans in the country.
- You can even ask Siri other IPL-related questions like ‘What are the 2016 IPL rankings?’, ‘Who leads the IPL in runs scored?’, ‘Show me Virat Kohli score’, ‘When is the next Cricket match in India?’, and more, and Siri will reply immediately.
- Match schedules and player rosters can also be checked.
- The Settings app also gets a new interface, with your profile taking the top space.
- The profile menu has your photo, name, and all the important details required for you to glance in one shot.
- The iCloud setting also introduces a neat graphic to show you your storage space situation.
- Apple has also added an API that allows app makers to ask for a review of their app.
- iOS 10.3 brings the next-generation APFS file system with native encryption, replacing the age-old HFS+ file system.
- The Podcast app also finally gets a widget, and works just like Apple Music’s widget.
- It plays the latest Podcasts without actually opening the app.
- Spotlight search sees some improvement, and the animation while opening and closing of apps seems to be slightly tinkered with.
- 3D Touch on weather icon in Maps gives hourly forecasts, and lets you know if there is any chance of rain or change in weather.
THANKS FOR READING
Download App for Daily Updates
Tags : Apple iOS 10.3 Features,iOS 10.3 new features,whats new ios 10.3,Find My AirPods features,How to use Find My AirPods,Cricket Scores Siri