Legion hacking : Legion Hacker Group
- After Vijay Mallya and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Twitter accounts of senior NDTV journalists Barkha Dutt and Ravish Kumar were also compromised on Saturday night.
- These breaches too were carried out by the hacker’s group ‘Legion‘.
- Legion appears to have accessed the Twitter accounts – @ravishndtv and @BDUTT – by first hacking into the email accounts used to set them up.
- The group posted expletive-laden messages from both accounts, which were restored soon after.
- Also they even shared the link to a “partial” database of Dutt’s emails measuring 1.2GB.
- “Email, Twitter accounts of senior NDTV journalists have been hacked. Attempts are being made to use emails out of context. We are asking relevant authorities, including courts, to take strong action,” NDTV said.
- While The hackers wrote from Kumar’s account, “We use Twitter as a means to reach the public. We don’t just hack twitter accounts. Go through the data and find out. Signed, Legion.”
- “If we go to jail or die, at least we did it with a bang. If any one of us get arrested, over 1TB of confidential data will be leaked.”
- The group also clarified their political leanings. “We do not work for @BJP4India or @PMOIndia,” they tweeted from Kumar’s account.
- They claimed that they would release data on businessman Lalit Modi, who is currently fighting corruption charges.
- Furthermore Responding to the hacks, Kumar said that these acts could be supported by political powers inconvenienced by journalism.
THANKS FOR READING !!
Tags : Legion,Hacker Group,Hackers,Legion hacker,legion hack,Hacker group legion,Rahul gandhi twitter account hacker,Barkha Dutt twitter Account hacker,Ravish Kumar twitter Account hacker