Mahira Khan Replaced :
Pakistani actress Mahira Khan Replaced from Raees Movie!
- The stand-off between Pakistan and India has just claimed its first casualty in Bollywood.
- Pakistani actress Mahira Khan has been eased out of Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Raees, due for release on the Republic Day weekend, according to reliable sources.
- Since says a source in the know, “It was a very painful decision for producer Ritesh Sidhwani to take.
- The pressure to replace her had been building up for months.
- It reached a crescendo after the Uri attacks.
- It came to a point where it became impossible to shoot with any Pakistani.
- People suggested all kinds of solutions to the impasse, including shooting in Dubai.
- But it didn’t seem viable. Now, Mahira has unfortunately been relieved of her duties.”
- A hunt is now on for a Bollywood actress.
- “The Raees team needs to find a new girl in two weeks’ time,” says the source.
No Raees-Kaabil clash: Rakesh Roshan pleaded Shah Rukh Khan for date change
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has reportedly agreed to change the date of release of his next film ‘Raees.’
- While this comes after Hrithik Roshan and ‘concerned dad’ Rakesh Roshan pleaded with Shah Rukh Khan after the debacle of Mohenjo Daro, according to a report by journalist Rajeev Masand.
- Earlier, Shah Rukh-starrer ‘Raees’ was scheduled to be released alongside Sultan this past Eid before Shah Rukh and his co-producer Ritesh Sidhwani postponed it for Republic Day weekend in 2017.
- However, the Republic Day dates were already with the Roshans for Sanjay Gupta-directed actioner Kaabil.
- Both Sidhwani and Rakesh Roshan were earlier unwilling to change dates, till Roshan Sr requested Shah Rukh to reconsider.
- While rakesh Roshan has worked with Shah Rukh Khan one of his career blockbuster ‘Karan Arjun.’