Mobile phones banned in Cabinet meetings
Modi Government : Mobile phones banned in Cabinet meetings
- In a move aimed at checking any possibility of leakage of information through hacking of communication devices
- Due to Fear of cyber threat, this step was taken.
- While Union Ministers have been asked not to carry mobile phones in Cabinet meetings.
- The Cabinet Secretariat has recently issued a directive to private secretaries of the concerned ministers in this regard.
- “It has been decided that smartphones/mobile phones will henceforth not be permitted inside the meeting venues of Cabinet/Cabinet Committees,” it said.
- Since the private secretaries have been asked to appropriately brief the ministers on this.
- The move assumes significance as security agencies have raised doubts over the security of mobile phones which are prone to hacking.
- Official sources said the measure will ensure that the discussion, which is mostly sensitive, during cabinet meetings remains secret.
- Such an instruction has been issued from the government for the first time.
- Earlier, ministers were allowed to bring mobile phones with them which would be kept either on silent mode or preferably switched off
THANKS FOR READING !
HELP TO IMPROVE US!
PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS VIA COMMENTS!
Tags : Mobile phones banned,Mobile banned,cabinet,cabinet meeting,cyber threat, information leakage,modi goverment,narendra modi,government phones,cell phone ban,security threat,cyber security threats,modi,union government