Non-Bailable warrant against Vijay Mallya
Delhi High Court issued Non-Bailable warrant against Vijay Mallya
- A Delhi court on Friday issued a non-bailable warrant against liquor baron Vijay Mallya for allegedly evading summons in a case of FERA violation.
- Making strong observations against Mallya, the court said that “he has scant regard for the law of the land and has no intention to return to India.”
- Mallya’s claim that he wants to return to India but his passport has been revoked was malafide and abuse of process,” the court said.
- The court also issued another non-bailable warrant against Mallya in a 2012 cheque bounce case lodged by GMR-led Delhi International Airport (DIAL)
- Which operates the capital’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA).
- The court fixed the matter for December 22 for further hearing.
- Firthermore, The DIAL had moved the Patiala House Court after three cheques, each for Rs 7.5 crore, issued by Mallya’s Kingfisher Airlines were not honoured.
- Earlier on October 25, Mallya drew flak from the Supreme Court for not making full disclosure of his overseas properties
- Since, which asked him to furnish complete details of his assets abroad within a month.
- A bench of Justices Kurian Joseph and R F Nariman also pulled up Mallya for not giving details of $40 million which he had allegedly received from British firm Diageo in February this year, saying it was of the “prima facie view” that proper disclosure as per its earlier order was not made.
- The apex court asked Mallya to make a detailed disclosure of his assets abroad like he had done while disclosing his properties in India and that too, within four weeks.
- The SC is hearing a petition, filed by a consortium of 17 banks including SBI, seeking to recover Rs 9,000 crore from Mallya.
THANKS FOR READING !
HELP TO IMPROVE US!
PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS VIA COMMENTS!
Tags : Delhi High Court,Vijay Mallya,FERA,Kingfisher,Kingfisher Airlines,SBI,Vijay Mallya case,Kingfisher Owner,vijay mallya latest news,vijay mallya warrant