Perfumer : Monika Ghurde Murder Case : Ghurde Case : Goa Murder Case
Naked, bound body of celeb perfumer found at Goa home : Monika Ghurde Murder Case
- A 39-year-old photographer turned perfumer, Monika Ghurde, was found dead in her rented flat in Goa’s Sangolda.
- While Ghurde, nicknamed the First Lady of Smell, was discovered naked on the bed with her hands tied to the back of the bed.
- Furthermore, Police are probing if there was a sexual assault.
- Goa DIG Vimal Gupta said that the maid came to Ghurde’s house at 9 AM on Thursday but no one opened the door.
- She alerted a neighbour and called up Ghurde’s brother Anand.
- He tried ringing her but when his calls went unanswered, he contacted Monika’s estranged husband, Bharath Ramamrutham, a well-known photographer.
- Ghurde’s neighbour, an American woman who had a set of duplicate keys, opened the flat at 11.30 AM and found the body
- She had been smothered with a pillow as her face had red marks. There were no stab injuries on the body.
- DIG Gupta said that the accused may have been friendly with Monika as there was no apparent signs of a forced entry into the flat.
- Gupta also ruled out robbery, saying that Anand had confirmed there was nothing missing from the flat.
Monika Ghurde Murder Case
- A case has been registered under section 302 (murder) of the IPC.
- Monika had set up her perfume-making company Mo Lab, and was also researching perfumery.
- She collaborated with eminent designers such as Jean Francois Lesage,Christian Louboutin and Anand Kabra.
- She is said to have been separated from her husband for the last one year and had moved into the flat in Sangolda, a posh locality of Goa, in July.
- Among the few visitors to her house were her Mumbai-based brother, Anand, who would occasionally be accompanied by their mother.
(Source : TimesofIndia)