Rustom box office day 4 collection is highest of 2016
- Akshay Kumar’s Rustom box office collection for the opening weekend has touched Rs 68.23 crore, making it one of the highest openers of 2016.
- Akshay Kumar has again proved that he is one of a kind in Bollywood. The film, made at a budget of Rs 50 crore, has earned Rs 68.23 crore in the four-day Independence Day weekend.
- Trade analyst Taran Adarsh says, “Rustom is winning hearts, winning the BO as well… Fri 14.11 cr, Sat 16.43 cr, Sun 19.88 cr, Mon 17.81 cr. Total: ₹ 68.23 cr. India biz.”
- The only film which did a better business than Rustom at BO was Salman Khan’s Sultan, which earned Rs 180.36 crore during a five-day weekend.
- The movie found its place among the top five openers of 2016 and secured the fourth position in the list. In fact, Akshay now has three films — Rustom, Airlift and Housefull 3 — on the list.
- Rustom has a strong hold on the international market also. It collected $1.24 million [₹ 8.30 cr] overseas. The movie was unstoppable in UAE-GCC. Here’s the overseas breakup: Thu AED 1 million, Fri AED 1.3 million, Sat AED 800,000. Total: AED 3.1 million [₹ 5.65 cr].
- Tinu Suresh Desai and also stars Ileana D’Cruz, Arjan Bajwa and Esha Gupta direct Rustom. Akshay plays a naval commander in the film who is accuse about killing his wife’s lover.
- It has release over 2,317 screens across cities in India and 550-plus overseas.
READ China blocks tributary of Brahmaputra River : Does China teasing India due to Revise Indus Water Treaty with Pakistan