Tubelight heroine : Not Deepika nor Katrina. She’s Chinese!
Salman Khan’s Tubelight heroine is not Deepika Padukone. She is not Katrina Kaif either. In fact, Salman is starring opposite an actress in Kabir Khan’s next who is not even Indian.
Tubelight leading lady is going to be Chinese actress Zhu Zhu.
Fact About Tublight Movie:-
- Tubelight is set with Indo-China 1962 war as the backdrop.
- It is a love story between an Indian man (Salman) and a Chinese woman (Zhu Zhu).
- Salman will be seen as a man with special needs in the film.
- This is the first time that Salman is playing such a role.
- Salman is working with Zhu Zhu in Ladakh while Tubelight’s shooting has already started.
- Salman left for Ladakh a few days back, where Kabir Khan is already started shooting with a crew of 200.
- Zhu Zhu has joined the team recently.
- A photo of Salman Khan and Zhu Zhu is doing the rounds of internet.
- Zhu Zhu has already starred in movies such as:-
1.The Man with the Iron Fists
2.Netflix’s Marco Polo!
3.What Women Want
Zhu Zhu appeared excited about working with Salman. she wrote,
“On top of the palace with Mr Salmankhan at Leh Ladakh”. She also tweeted other images from Ladakh.”
- This is the third film where Kabir and Salman are collaborating.
- They have earlier delivered hits such as Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Ek Tha Tiger.
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan went on to make over Rs 300 crore at the box office and is one of Salman’s most successful films.
Tubelight will be a comedy and drama with politics as its backdrop. Director said that, the movie also deals with ‘China element’ in its story. The director Kabir said that, “It is about a personal issue. Can’t talk about what exactly right now. Needless to say my films always have a political backdrop to them because thats what excites me and I find real. So ‘Tubelight’ also has a little political backdrop”.