Townville shooting : US school shooting
US School Shooting aka South Carolina school shooting
- A teenager shot and wounded two children and a teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina before being taken into custody on Wednesday
- While the shooting happened in the early afternoon at Townville Elementary School in Anderson County
- Which is located near the Georgia state line, about 160km northeast of Atlanta.
- Since the two students did not appear to have life-threatening injuries.
- Both children are six-years-old, according to the Independent Mail.
- Hence the two injured students were airlifted to the hospital and the teacher was driven there by ambulance
- Investigators said a male found dead at a house 3 miles from the school before the shooting.
- while he was “directly connected” to the incident.
- Officers told a local network that a teenage suspect was in custody.
- The shooting is the latest in a series of mass shootings that have plagued the U.S.
- Jamie Brock was the first on the scene at the school in South Carolina and pinned the 14-year-old shooter to the ground
Many Cases of US Shooting :
- In 2012, a gunman shot dead 20 children and six educators at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
- The deadliest mass school shooting in the US was in 2007, when a gunman killed 32 people at Virginia Tech University.
- Earlier this month, a 14-year-old girl shot and wounded a fellow student at a rural Texas high school and then died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.